Wednesday, May 02, 2007

And the Hits Keep on Coming

Man, why are all my bad karma chickens coming home to roost this week?

Just found out the new position that I was practically assured would be mine for the taking two months ago has now gone away. There may be other positions of interest that will be available to me, but I won't know for at least 2-3 more weeks when they claim they will finally have figured out the organization structure. After nearly 3 months of waiting. By then, I expect that even more of our folks will have resigned, simply because we've all been sitting around with out thumbs up our butts for months with no leadership, guidance, or assurances that our site has a future. So even if an interesting team leadership or management position becomes available I'd have to think long and hard about whether I want to take it: It might be sort of like interviewing to be first mate on the Titanic.

You know, what kills me is that I really wanted to make this place work, really wanted to be part of an effort to fix a broken team and get a bunch of at-risk projects back on the rails. I tried to rally people, to talk about their concerns, ease their worries, and help them just wait this out, on the assumption that decisions that made sense were right around the corner. But every time it looks like we're turning a corner, we just find another corner. Enough. If anyone stops me and says, in that hushed can-you-keep-a-secret tone, that they're thinking about leaving I'll just say "yup, me too!" and move along.

Enough.


Mood: Pissed off
Now Playing: Nothing

No comments: