Sunday, July 09, 2006

Scenes from the Gup Test

Some pictures from Friday night's gup test. Here I am doing a decent spear hand attack. If you squint, I almost look like I know what I'm doing....
Nice height on this inside to outside downward heel kick. Note the ankle brace -- ouchie. My stretching seems to be paying off. I had good height on all of my kicks, which was pretty surprising to me since I was trying to keep them low so I wouldn't over-stress my ankle.
Preparing for a side kick. Or maybe a hook kick. Hard to say. I figure if it was a hook kick I'd look confused and worried, since I'm really unsure of myself on those!
Miranda threw some great kicks that night -- here's one...
... and another one.
Here I am with all of the other students that tested that night. Sore, tired, but pleased.
More pictures over on my Flickr page.

Mood: Rested, finally.
Now laying: Copland, "Appalachian Spring"

No comments: