Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Post Election Blues Antidote!

K, not sure how I wound up downloading this stuff, but I think I've found the antidote to the Post Election Blues.

For a while I've been stumbling across references to Bill Hicks, a comedian who died of pancreatic cancer back in 1994. For whatever reason he never really registered on my radar when he was alive, even though his material tends to run right up my alley. Hard-left/independent leaning social satirist. Take no prisoners approach. Hard edged, sharp witted, and definitely not for kids.

Anyway, I downloaded a bunch of his stuff and it's remarkably... well... helpful. This guy is so fuckin' angry with the Religious Right, Republicans, and pretty much everything else I tend to have issues with that just listening to him seethe and rant is really, really helpful. Skip all the fuckin' articles about liberal malaise and depression that keep popping up in the Oddly Enough columns and just give this stuff a listen.

Saddest thing, though, is that as good as this guy was, you just KNOW he would have been something to listen to these days. Really sad. Gotta buy some of this stuff and make sure a few bucks find their way to his estate.

Mood: Amused
Now Playing: Bill Hicks, "Shock and Awe"

No comments: