Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New House, Complete and Utter Exhaustion

The closing on the house went fine, although it took a little longer than I'd have preferred. For some ridiculous reason the buyers didn't seem to think that taking an hour or two off of work to close on their home purchase was a good idea, so even though we spent the entire morning signing forms, writing checks, submitting paperwork, etc. the entire loan funding process didn't complete until almost 5:00 in the afternoon.

Regardless, the funding completed Monday evening, we received keys and a garage door opener for the new place, and we've spent the last couple of days pack-muling lots of random stuff over. We figure that we can hopeuflly save a few hundred bucks on moving expenses by getting as many boxes out of the place as possible and only using the movers to get the great big heavy stuff over (fridge, washer/dryers, piano, assorted furniture). Given how much extra cash we wound up out-of-pocket on Monday we could really use the extra cash now!

Anyway, lots to do, little time to do it in. With all the vacations I've been taking I can't really afford to be away from work anymore, so I've been coming into the office early, then leaving at about 3:00 to go and take care of house stuff. Basically it feels like I've got two full time jobs right now. Plus I'm trying to cram Tang Soo Do classes in when I can, as I'm supposed to test for 1st gup in a couple of weeks and I need to keep my edge. Gah.

We should actually be in the new house tomorrow night -- very exciting, of course. Got our new fridge delivered today, and we'll be getting AT&T U-Verse installed on Friday. Then on Tuesday our new family room furniture arrives.

Hopefully the next day I'll hit the Lotto so I can actually pay for all this crap.

Mood: Harried
Now Playing: Coldplay, "Viva la Vida, or Death and All His Friends"

No comments: