Friday, November 24, 2006

Wii Lust: SUCCESS!

Fifth in line. They had a total of six Wiis at the store. Both my friend Richie and I managed to snag one, though my brother and my friend Dan both showed up just a little too late (they were 8th and 9th in line, respectively) and unfortunately got shafted. Mike will probably stop by later to play around with the Wii, while Dan will just have to hold out until Sunday (when bunches of them are supposed to go on sale at all of the area Best Buy stores).

So, got the Wii, an extra Wii-mote and Nunchuk controller (both of which are almost impossible to find -- I got the last one of each of them at the store...), and a copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess (which I haven't even tried out yet). We've all created little Wii "Mii" characters for ourselves and have been playing Wii Sports for a couple of hours. It's a riot -- Miranda, it turns out, seems to be quite the golfer! Boxing is hysterical -- you hold the Wii-mote in one hand and the Nunchuk in the other and punch with them, or you can tilt them in and out/up and down to guard different parts of your body. Baseball is cool, as is bowling (Christine is a way better bowler on the Wii than in person, whereas I seem to suck in either circumstance), and tennis is pretty damn tricky. All in all, a great set of basic, fun games.

So, I get to revel in my success for the rest of the weekend. I hope to invite a few friends over to check it out and play some games together -- this thing is a riot. But in the meantime, I really need to catch a nap -- I'm exhausted!

Mood: Elated, exhausted
Now Playing: Nada

No comments: