Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thinking of Bill

Some days, I really miss Bill Hicks.

"I'm glad [drugs] are against the law. Cause you know what happened when I took em?

I laid in a field of green grass for 4 hours going My God ... I love everything. The heavens parted, God looked down, and rained gifts of forgiveness onto my being, healing me on every level, psychically, physically, emotionally. I realized our true nature is spirit not body. That we are eternal beings and God's love is unconditional and there's nothing we can ever do to change that. It is only our illusion that we are separate from God or that we are alone. In fact, the reality is that we are one with God and he loves us.

Now if that isn't a hazard to this country... you see my point? How are we going to keep building nuclear weapons, you know what I mean? What's gonna happen to the arms industry when we realize we are all one? It's gonna fuck up the economy!"

Not really meaning to advocate drug use, here. I don't do 'em, you probably shouldn't either. But you gotta admit, the guy has a point....

Mood: Conflicted
Now Playing: Bill Hicks, "Rant in E-Minor"

No comments: