- Delve into your blog archive. Check.
- Search the archives for the 23rd post. Okey dokey -- posted using my laptop at the Alamo Drafthouse, early evening, during a Twin Peaks Marathon. A short post, basically reporting the current state of affairs at the marathon. Not exactly bubbling over with meaning...
- Find the 5th sentence, or closest to. Well, including the title the entire thing is only, like 7 sentences or so. Not too tough....
- Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions. Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas. Um, OK. Here goes:
"The gangly old man/giant alter-ego dude is saying "Thank ya. Thank ya kindly!" right now."Meaning? Subtext? Hidden agendas? Not so much.
I do recall this evening as the last time I can think of that I did something really unusual or odd. Having chosen a larger house in exchange for exile in the cultural wasteland of suburban Austin (worse yet, Cedar Park -- but just barely...) opportunities to just do impulsive, odd, or "strange" (to the common suburban populace at least) activities present themselves on a seldom-to-never sort of schedule.
Now, this doesn't necessarily apply to activities in my own home, mind you. But ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.
So there's not a lot to analyze in this sentence. Although reading it does poke that sore spot in my chest that flares up everytime I consider just how much I don't really fit in in suburbia. We don't like most of our neighbors, but then again, we're not LIKE most of our neighbors. We're the weird ones in this suburban context, so I can't really blame them for being soulless, lifeless, SUV-driving zombie soccer moms and church drones.
Oh, wait. That certainly sounded like blame, didn't it? Heh. Gotta work on that.
- Tag 5 people to do the same. Oh, that's easy! I'll just tag Lee (who won't see this for weeks, I'm guessing), Circe (who'll see it on Karls' blog first), Evil Science Chick (who, being highly focused and responsive academic type will see it and respond immediately if not sooner), Mike (who'll see it, and respond with some sort of mass-transit blathering), and ... ummm ... running out of untagged folks. I'll tag Neil Gaiman, who doesn't know me from a hole in the wall and will neither see this nor respond. But today is his birthday, so Happy Birthday Neil Gaiman!
Now Playing: Nuthin'